* This article may contain affiliate link(s). That means we get a small commission without any additional costs to you.
Read our disclosure for more information.
Where to find accommodations?
Top budget family accommodations in Kuala Lumpur (< €40/$45)
- KL City, Bukit Bintang Spacious 3 bedroom, 2 bathrooms: this is where we stayed. A large studio with 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms and a shared swimming pool. Ideal for larger families. Not the fanciest one in the row, but we really liked it! It was very close to Bukit Bintang and the food street of Jalan Alor. And of course, there is always Grab to take you everywhere for almost no money. The place was clean and had all the necessary amenities.
- KLCC View Suite + Rooftop Infinity Pool: one of the many apartments with an infinity pool overlooking the skyline of Kuala Lumpur, including the Petronas twin towers. This apartment gets excellent reviews, including a very responsive host, high-speed WiFi and of course the amazing pool.
- Modern and cosy 3BR+2BTH in KL Sentral: beautiful apartment located in the centre of Kuala Lumpur. Nice and modern vibe, with very good reviews. Located close to KL Sentral, which is great for using public transport even for destinations outside of KL.
- CozyHome #5: very good accommodations for larger families (one double bedroom and one room with 3 bunk beds) with excellent reviews and centrally located.
- Kuala Lumpur Experience 1: beautiful accommodation with a very responsive host. The only downside is that it is located a bit outside of the city centre. But in KL everything is very easily reachable with Grab or public transport.
- Amethyst Love Guesthouse: this nice place gets the greatest reviews. They have a family room for 3 persons, lovely common areas and a very friendly staff. It is very centrally located in Bukit Bintang.
- Birdnest Collective Cafe & Guesthouse: the rooms are basic but clean. They have a family room for 3 persons. The best thing about this guesthouse is definitely the rooftop terrace, lounge and bar.
Best choices for midrange family accommodations in Kuala Lumpur (between €40/$45 and €80/$90)
- Getaway Home Suite KLCC: our favourite choice in this price category. A fabulous apartment with a pool, sauna and hot tub. It even has a playground and a children club. Very centrally located and it gets the best reviews.
- Vortex Homes at KLCC: these beautiful accommodations are a top choice for families. The deluxe apartment fits a family of 5 and has great views on Kuala Lumpur, including the Petronas Towers. The location is very central. You can even rent bikes or else take a swim in the lovely pool.
- Icon Suite & Residence KL: this hotel has a deluxe apartment for families. It is located a bit more outside the city centre, but you can use a sauna instead.
- KLCC Platinum Suites: This absolutely fantastic and very reasonably priced apartment is a real treat. You can use the gorgeous infinity pool on the 51st floor, a children’s pool, gym, … The apartment has two separate rooms with two king-size beds. If this one is already booked, make sure to check the rest of the building. Lots of apartments are available on Airbnb.
The high-end family accommodations in Kuala Lumpur (> €80/$90)
- The Gardens – A St Giles Signature Hotel & Residences: one of the top hotels in Kuala Lumpur with everything you could wish for. The staff is amazing as are the rooms and the location. They have deluxe apartments with 2 bedrooms, ideal for a family stay.
- Micasa All Suites Hotel: this fantastic hotel is located in Bukit Bintang and all the highlights of KL are within easy reach. They have a superior suite with two separate bedrooms. And of course all the other services and amenities you could expect from a 5-star hotel.
- Fraser Residence: one of the top-end hotels, but still reasonably priced. There is a Deluxe Room with 2 separate bedrooms. The place has a very friendly staff, very clean and comfortable rooms and a beautiful swimming pool.
- Hilton Kuala Lumpur: an amazing hotel, with an even more amazing swimming pool. The hotel offers everything you could wish for. There are connecting rooms for larger families. Located very centrally close to all the public transport options.
We need your help
We are very well aware that this list is not complete. There are so many great options in this marvellous city, this article would be endless. However, as we haven’t tested out all the hotels or apartments ourselves, we love to hear your thoughts. Please let us know which family accommodations you have stayed in and what you liked or disliked about them. Have you stayed in one of the places above, leave a comment and share your experiences with us! We will be very grateful! We will try to constantly update this post in order to give you the best list for family accommodations in Kuala Lumpur.