Are you thinking about visiting Malaysia? And looking for family hotels in Kuala Lumpur? In this article, we will try to give a list of nice apartments and hotels in this magnificent city. Kuala Lumpur is definitely a city you should visit with kids.
Not only because the low-cost airline Air Asia probably will bring you there, but also because the city is just fantastic. It has something for everyone. Some top modern areas with shopping malls but also authenticity and a very local feeling. We loved our time over there and will be going back.
When visiting Malaysia, Kuala Lumpur must be included in your itinerary. Check our 7-day Malaysia itinerary which starts in Kuala Lumpur and ends in Langkawi.
You need to sleep as well of course. And finding affordable family accommodation in a big city can sometimes be a little bit hard. But in Kuala Lumpur, there is a lot of choice in every budget range, from low-end to high-end.
Here, we want to make a list of the nicest family accommodations in Kuala Lumpur, for people on a budget but also some expensive top places to stay!
If you’re looking for activities, check out our complete guide to visiting Kuala Lumpur with kids.
Where to find hotels in Kuala Lumpur?
First of all, we like to give you a quick overview of where we find our family accommodations.
- Amethyst Love Guesthouse: this nice place gets the greatest reviews. They have a family room for 3 persons, lovely common areas and a very friendly staff. It is very centrally located in Bukit Bintang.
- Birdnest Collective Cafe & Guesthouse: the rooms are basic but clean. They have a family room for 3 persons. The best thing about this guesthouse is definitely the rooftop terrace, lounge and bar.
Best choices for midrange family accommodations in Kuala Lumpur (between €40/$45 and €80/$90)
- Tropicana Getaway Home Suite KLCC: our favourite choice in this price category. A fabulous apartment with a pool, sauna and hot tub. It even has a playground and a children club. Very centrally located and it gets the best reviews.
- Vortex Home Stay at KLCC: these beautiful accommodations are a top choice for families. The deluxe apartment fits a family of 5 and has great views on Kuala Lumpur, including the Petronas Towers. The location is very central. You can even rent bikes or else take a swim in the lovely pool.
- City Centre MRT KLCC Sunway Velocity: City Center MRT KLCC Sunway Velocity has a fitness center, garden, water sports facilities, free WiFi, and garden views. This property offers access to a pool table, table tennis table, and free private parking.
- U Pac Hotel: Located in the center of Kuala Lumpur, U Pac Hotel is just a 10-minute drive from the famous Kuala Lumpur Twin Towers. It features well-appointed rooms with air conditioning and free WiFi in all areas.
The high-end family accommodations in Kuala Lumpur (> €80/$90)
- The Gardens – A St Giles Signature Hotel & Residences: one of the top hotels in Kuala Lumpur with everything you could wish for. The staff is amazing as are the rooms and the location. They have deluxe apartments with 2 bedrooms, ideal for a family stay.
- Micasa All Suites Hotel: this fantastic hotel is located in Bukit Bintang and all the highlights of KL are within easy reach. They have a superior suite with two separate bedrooms. And of course, all the other services and amenities you could expect from a 5-star hotel.
- Fraser Residence: one of the top-end hotels, but still reasonably priced. There is a Deluxe Room with 2 separate bedrooms. The place has a very friendly staff, very clean and comfortable rooms, and a beautiful swimming pool.
- Hilton Kuala Lumpur: an amazing hotel, with an even more amazing swimming pool. The hotel offers everything you could wish for. There are connecting rooms for larger families. Located very centrally close to all the public transport options.